Happy New Year! Since I only completed a few of my goals for 2016, I’m ready to smash 2017 with some more realistic personal, blog and health goals…
Happy New Year!
First of all, I went out for the first time this NY and boy… it was pretty underwhelming! Trying to organise a group of 10+ people was tricky, so I know for next time to make spontaneous plans and not rely on other people…
BUT I’m super glad I got to spend NYE with my boyfriend James and best friend Kayleigh, so there was that ❤️
– In 2016, I went full time at my retail job, but they sadly went into administration in June, and I didn’t find a job until August.
– In July, I went on a family holiday to Tenerife. My Dad fell ill out there and coming home without him was the worst feeling but, thankfully he’s much better now!
– I went to a blogging event with Lee Stafford and it was SO much fun. We had a tour of the Lee Stafford academy, I had my hair styled and nails painted, and had the chance to have a Q&A with the man himself!
– I went to blogging events with Intu Lakeside, each were good fun and my favourite has to be the Everyone’s Invited where we met Reggie N Bollie, and met Rylan!
– I went to the Next Beauty Event in London and got to look at the brand new Spring collection, as well as watching Lydia Elise Millen carry out various makeup tutorials.
– I was invited to BSTK Festival with Full Fat PR and had the best weekend in VIP watching various acts like Tinie Tempah and Kelis performing over the weekend and eating allllll the festival food!
– Laura invited me to go to the Tena Lights Blogger Event at Champneys and it was by far my favourite blogging event this year. We got the train from Essex to Tamworth, and had a day of circuit and yoga classes for everyone to try. We were all treated to a beauty treatment each, and I went for the head massage. I can’t wait to go back to Champneys!
– James is a massive highlight of 2016, too. It’s so nice to be with someone who wants to do new things, go to new places and most importantly, has a family who have let me in with open arms. We’ve been together a short amount of time but have already done so much together, from concerts to days out, to mini holidays and trips, I’m super excited to see what we get up to in 2017. ☺️
I’m really looking forward to 2017.
In the pipeline so far I have a trip to a spa booked, my 21st birthday, a weekend break to Budapest, a weekend break to Barcelona and tickets to see The Impractical Jokers live!
I’ll be hibernating for most of January because a) I have no monies and b) pay day is OH so far away, but I have set a list of goals for myself to achieve by the end of this year!
– Complete my digital marketing apprenticeship. I’m really enjoying my digital marketing course, so I’m looking forward to seeing where it goes this year.
– Book a driving lesson. I keep putting this off but not being able to drive will ultimately have an impact on jobs in the future. Plus, I can’t rely on buses for the rest of my life!
– Prep meals. I don’t eat breakfast so, I need to make more of a conscious effort to do that. I want to start prepping my desk lunches too, as opposed to paying for M&S mango every day bcos as delicious as it is, I’m spending way too much money on buying it!
– Start a savings account. I would like to put 10% of each monthly wage packet into a savings account each month, to get a little money behind me.
– Blog 3 times a week. For some reason, since I started my blog in 2014, I’ve only ever blogged on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. So this year, I would like to post 3 days a week with varying content. From recipes and restaurant reviews, to beauty product reviews days-out reviews!
– Join in on more Twitter chats. I feel like joining in Twitter chats will help me meet new bloggers and find new blogs, ultimately leading to more traffic and comments for everyone!
– Say “yes” to going to more events. I didn’t say yes to many events in 2016, but that was mainly because of work commitments. This year, I’d love to go to more events, and organise some for Essex Bloggers!
Health and wellbeing
– Have my eyebrows micro-bladed. Of course, it’s not a necessity, but it’s something that I would absolutely love to have done. It would save so much time and effort, and I just feel like I need eyebrows that properly shape my face.
– Eat healthier. Cliche huh? But it’s needed. This Christmas I have eaten SO much beige food, and to be honest I haven’t eaten well in 2 years, but I really want to start eating well again. It doesn’t mean depriving yourself of good food, I just want to swap my snacks for something healthier and just trying out new foods.
– Exercise more. Double cliche huh? But I want to exercise more. 2 years ago, I ate well, went to aerobic classes and to the gym.
What are your 2017 goals? I’d love to have a read of them!