1. At the beginning of July as the weather was so nice, (where’s the sun gone now?!) I went out for a drinks with friends from work and just picked the most quirky sounding/looking ones. This one is a Jelly Baby cocktail – a mix of vodka, peach schnapps, malibu and other liquors, with a pot of jelly babies on the side.
2. I’ve been wearing my Riverisland gold gladiator sandals to death this month, I love them! They’re so comfy and jazz up any outfit. So glad I didn’t end up sending these back.
3. I got my hair done – again! I went back to The Strand and had my hair lightened/highlighted/toned and finished it with a cut and curly blow dry. You can catch up on my latest visit to The Strand here.
4. I went to the beer festival in Chelmsford with work friends earlier this month and had a good time. When I do drink I usually have a trusty ol’ malibu and coke, but it was nice to try new ciders and beers from across the country. We polished off the evening with hot sugared doughnuts. Drool.
5. Whenever I see my boyfriend we seem to have a full on feast; we’re big foodies. Dominoes is always top of the list so we ordered a pizza each, nachos and hot cookies. No shame.
6. I tried out a load of my Clinique competition prize products and my skin felt so glowy and fresh. So an obligatory selfie was obviously needed.
7. A colleague at work left on maternity leave so we went to Nandos for her “send off” meal. And what does one order from Nandos, THE place for chicken? That’s right. A steak roll. It was a nice change from a chicken wrap though and I’ll probably opt for steak in the future. It’s marinated in garlic and peri sauce. Yas.
8. I’ve finally started trying out my Lush products from the Oxford Street flag ship store that I bought back in May. I hate using them though they look too pretty. Sob. I opted for Pink Flamingo, which I wasn’t too impressed with sadly. I’m looking forward to trying out the others though.
9. I went to Somerset for the weekend to see family and had a lovely time. I love Somerset so much and it’s such a stark difference from Essex which is the best bit; I love how quiet and tranquil it can be.
10. I met up with my friends from Uni and we had a day out at SAAAAAAAAFEND. Ahem. Southend. We walked the mile and 1/4 pier there and back, ate hot doughnuts and ice cream and went on the rides at the theme park. I’ve missed them a lot so it was good to catch up with them!
11. I went for afternoon tea at Greenwood’s Spa for my friends hen do. We had unlimited tea and coffee and we’re greeted with layers of salmon/cucumber/ham sandwiches, mini brownies and cakes, and scones with fresh cream and jam. Heaven.
12. After the afternoon tea, we spent the evening in the spa. It was lovely to just chill out in the pool and jacuzzi, and try out the sauna and steam room. I made the mistake of leaving mascara on in the jacuzzi and the chlorine was so strong that my eyes were streaming. I looked like I’d been crying my eyes out. Cool.
What have you been up to this month? Be sure to leave links for me to have a snoop!