First of all: Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe 2017 has been and gone. I always do a month in photos post for each month, and it seemed to me that each month just flew by quicker and quicker. I completed a few of my 2017 goals, including completing my SEO and digital marketing apprenticeship, booking a driving lesson and saying “yes” to doing more things, I’d like to put together a small amount of achievable goals to aim for in 2018.
JD Williams kindly sent me some gorgeous knitwear that I will be wearing well into Spring; they’re so comfortable, flattering and very reasonably priced! Read on to find out about my 2017 highlights and my goals for 2018.
- I celebrated my 21st birthday at Lifehouse Spa with Mum.
- I went to Budapest for a weekend break with my friend Jade.
- Saw The Impractical Jokers live with my sister.
- Went to the Cat Cafe in London with my sister.
- Celebrated my boyfriend’s birthday at the Ice Bar in London.
- Went to a TENA Ladies blogging event at the Haymarket Hotel.
- Spent a long weekend in Barcelona with James.
- Went to a silent disco at The Natural History Museum with my friend Jade.
- Went to Top Golf with James for the first time.
- Queued up for over 2 hours to try a Bubblewaffle Waffle in London. (pls don’t ask).
- Reviewed Giraffe and their delicious new World menu.
- Saw The Book of Mormon for James’s birthday present.
- Went to The Ideal Home show and left with the biggest goodie bag of foodie samples.
- Made some delicious creme egg bark and creme egg brownies.
- Had some amazing halloumi fries at Camden Market in London.
- Went to Colchester Zoo with James.
- Had a fun evening at the Southend Revolution Bar press event.
- Spent a long weekend in Pisa with my friend Jade.
- Saw the Liverpool vs. Watford game with James <3
- Went for cocktails at Bill’s to catch up with an old friend.
- Sampled Island Stories sliders and desserts at their launch night.
- Reviewed the brand new Turtle Bay in Chelmsford.
- Celebrated my sister’s 18th birthday at The Alchemist in London.
- Went to the Summertime Ball in London with my friends Jade and Emily.
- Had lots of tasty BBQs at James’.
- Went to a blogger event at Paradise Wild Life Park with Red Letter Days.
- Had a lovely chilled week in Weymouth with James and his mum.
- Went to the Essex Food and Drink Festival with James.
- Attended the Colchester Bannatyne Spa refurbishment launch night.
- Went to Tropical Wings with James and my sister Megan.
- Celebrated mine and James’ 1 year anniversary in Brighton, where our first holiday was. <3
- Reviewed the new menu at Cafe Rouge in Lakeside.
- Went to V Festival with James.
- Saw Tom McRae at Union Chapel.
- Collaborated with Hobbycraft to make a salted caramel chocolate cake.
- Saw Micky Flanigan with James at The 02.
- Had an amazing breakfast at The Breakfast Club in London.
- Went to the South East Bloggers Club networking event at Layer Marney Tower.
- Went on my first press trip to Margate.
- Went to Oktoberfest Chelmsford with James.
- Won £150 vouchers to spend at Bill’s and had an amazing meal with mum, dad and James.
- Saw The Impractical Jokers again at The 02.
- Went to The Royal Hotel in Southend for afternoon tea and cocktails.
- Went to Ballie Ballerson with my Uni friends for a night of ballpit fun.
- Reviewed Chop Bloc’s new Brunch menu.
- Went on an Essex Vineyards press trip with Visit Essex.
- Spent a weekend in Somerset with James.
- Swapped turkey for fish at Loch Fyne in Chelmsford.
- Had a complimentary stay at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Colchester.
- Reviewed the new Banana Tree Chelmsford restaurant.
- Went to Winterwonderland with my friends Grace and Amy.
- Spent a long weekend in Prague with James for a Christmassy break.
- Made a winter soup recipe with Debenhams.
- Had Christmas cocktails at ASK Italian.
- Spent Christmas Day in Somerset with my family.
- Spent the rest of the Christmas break relaxing with James.
- Played board games and drank cocktails for New Year’s Eve.
I achieved a few of my 2017 goals, but this year I’m going to make my goals much smaller, more achievable ones that I can achieve across the course of the year.
Book more driving lessons. I did have quite a few driving lessons in 2017, but then I sort of freaked out and haven’t had a lesson since September. I want to start again this year and hopefully pass.
Start a savings account. I didn’t do this in 2017 but I really want to this year.
Cook more. I’m really enjoying baking, but I want to be able to cook more this year. I’ve bought a couple of cookbooks with wholesome recipes in, so I’m looking forward to giving those a go on my weekends.
Blog more. I’m definitely quality over quantity, but this year I want to make sure I put more effort into organising my blog posts and getting things written up quicker.
Say yes to blogging opportunities. I said “yes” to going to more events last year, so I’m hoping to do the same this year!
Learn to use my camera properly. My parents bought my the 45mm lens for my Olympus for Christmas, so I really want to improve my photography this year.
Health and wellbeing
Drink more water. I always say this but I really need to drink more. Last year I had bad pains in my kidney for a week and the pain was awful – it was more than likely brought on by my lack of fluids, so I don’t want that to return again!
Eat healthily. This ties in with me wanting to learn how to cook, as I really want to make healthier breakfasts and lunches to enjoy at work and at home on the weekends.
Lose weight. I’ve put on weight over the last couple of years, so this year I really want to work on my weight to improve my health. I’ll take it nice and slowly with no pressure, fad diets or shake replacements – just slow and healthy! These self timer photos make me sad, but it’s a good starting place!
What are your goals for 2018? 🙂