It’s hard to believe that we’re already over half way through 2017 – this year is absolutely flying by! And with it being half a year, I thought it would be a good idea to review my goals that I set myself in January. So, let’s see how I’m doing so far!
– Complete my digital marketing apprenticeship. I’m set to finish my Digital Marketing apprenticeship in October, but I’ve signed off from the academy this month as I’ve completed all the coursework and exams! I’m really enjoying the role that I have at work; my day to day roles include scheduling social media posts for 10 clients, writing blog posts, press releases and optimised onsite content, link building work and general admin work. It’s made me realise I have a passion for the social media and content side of digital marketing – so who knows where it will take me!
– Book a driving lesson. I actually booked one – hurrah! Albeit I booked it this month but still, I did it. YAS. My first lesson actually went okay and I even drove home which I was super proud of. Fingers crossed I’ll have passed by Christmas, I really want to get on and do it now.
– Prep meals. Hmmmm this one has definitely not happened, like at all. 🙅🏼 I make my lunch for work every day but I still don’t make breakfast. If you know of any quick breakfast meals I can make to take to work then please let me know!
– Start a savings account. I haven’t started a savings account yet as the majority of my money this year has gone on holidays – but I;m okay with that! I’m planning on starting a savings account soon though, seeing as it would be good to have some money aside for a car when I eventually pass.
– Blog 3 times a week. I’ve fulfilled this goal for a couple of months but I haven’t been consistent. You’d think writing three blog posts a week would be manageable, but seeing as I work at a computer all day the last thing I feel like doing is coming home and sitting on my laptop all evening. I suppose that’s where a good planning schedule would come in handy, so maybe I’ll try and aim for two a week – and plan them earlier on!
– Join in on more Twitter chats. I join in chats occasionally but not as much as I want to. I really enjoy the Ice Lolly holiday chat ones and the lifestyle ones, so I want to try and aim to do at least 2 chats a month.
– Say “yes” to going to more events. I’ve definitely fulfilled this goal – yay! This year, I’ve been to a variety of blogger events. From restaurant reviews with my boyfriend to attending Essex blogger events at Intu Lakeside, to an exclusive Red Letter Day experience and local foodie events – I’m proud of myself!
Health and wellbeing
– Have my eyebrows micro-bladed. I have a look at photos on Instagram of micro-bladed eyebrows on a daily basis… but I still haven’t plucked up the courage! I’ve read a few comments about the healing process and that they can’t be exposed to water or the sun… so perhaps this will be something I can fulfil in the Autumn.
– Eat healthier. My eating habits are a lot better than they were, but I’m not as healthy as I should be. I need to kick start this by eating breakfast in the morning – I’m sure that will curb my snacking during the day!
– Exercise more. I went through a good month of getting up at 5:30am, going to the gym and then heading to work after, and it made me feel amazing. I had SO much energy and I slept so much better at night. But then me being me I stopped going and now I have to start it all again. It’s something I’ll definitely do though – I actually miss it!
So over all, I think I’m on track for completing my goals for 2017. I’ve had some great city breaks to Budapest, Barcelona and Pisa, and an amazing staycation in Weymouth. I’ve been to some fun blogging events, stepped up my blogging game and made some amazing memories with my boyfriend James – I’m excited to see how the rest of 2017 will treat me! 😄🙏🏼
I was thinking about taking a course in Digital Marketing and your words convinced me even more that I should do it. In terms of blogging, I noticed that we have the same goal. Though I have failed miserably at mine:( Good luck with all your future projects.
Oh bless you, that’s so sweet! Definitely go for it, Digital Marketing is SO vast, you’re sure to find something you like! I feel like I have failed too but sometimes life just gets in the way! You can do it lovely 🙂
I too wanna try going to more blogger events, who knows maybe we will bump into each other at a few Essex based ones 🙂
Eating healthy and exercising is a still major part of my life and it makes me feel miles better. You can do this girl! 😉
Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥
Yes that would be lovely! 😀 You’re doing so well with your healthy eating and gyming Pam, yay!
Sounds like you’ve had a great year so far!!
And for breakfast, I sometimes make over night oats to take to work – this is my recipe but obviously you can adapt as you wish :
Cacao Powder (so it tastes like chocolate but is actually healthy!)
Maple Syrup (because the cacao is a little bitter but with syrup its amazing)
Put in however much you want of each, mix it all together and leave in an airtight container in the fridge overnight (I use a jar). You can also add fruits – totally up to you! x
I have overnight oats for breakfast now and again, but this recipe sounds SO much better than what I’ve been making!! I’ll definitely have to give this a go – thanks Laura! x
You did a lot, that’s great!
For breakfast, I would suggest overnight oats in a jar that you don’t have to prepare in the mornings. Also, a sandwich with salad is another good option and it can be done the day before. Some savoury muffins with cheese and sundried tomatoes or savoury scones. Or a wrap with houmous and falafel. So many ideas… now I’m hungry. 🙂
Ooo I love the sounds of savoury muffins – thanks Anca! 🙂
Sounds like a pretty good 6 months to me, especially with all the trips which sounded wonderful 🙂 My favourite healthy quick breakfast that you can prep beforehand is overnight oats – just whack oats, almond milk, then other tasty stuff like mashed banana, blueberries, cinnamon, maple syrup, nuts etc into a jar the night before and its SO good the next morning. Good luck with the driving lessons 🙂 Sophie xxx
I’ve tried overnight oats before but this sounds a lot more tasty than my concoction of ingredients – I’ll have to give this a go thank you! 🙂
Congratulations on finishing your apprenticeship . I’ve always worked in digital but doing web development rather than social, it sounds like such a fun role and would obviously fit in so well with your blogging! Awesome.
Also, I’m 29 and still can’t drive, so well done on doing that driving lesson! I’m determined to do it next year once the baby is born.
Well done with all your goals, it sounds like you’ve smashed it so far! This year is flying around for me.
Amy – https://amyevans.co.uk
Yay thanks lovely! I’m enjoying driving but it’s scary as well to be in total control of something like that! 🙂
Congratulations on a successful 6 months lovely lady! So proud of ya xx
Thank you lovely lady <3
You’ve achieved so much this year already- you should be so proud of yourself <3
I've been wanting to post 3 times a week but since starting a new job last month it's taken over slightly, hopefully now it's been a while I can get stuff done.
Good luck for the rest of the year, it'll be great if you did another post letting us know how you got on!
Aww, thank you lovely! I’m just going to aim for 1-2 posts a week – it’s really time consuming isn’t it! Hats off to people who can hold down a full time job and blog A LOT though! 🙂
Looks like you’re doing well with your goals. I’m reminded to aslo review my goals on my blog.
Thank you! 🙂