It’s hard to believe that we’re already over half way through 2017 – this year is absolutely flying by! And with it being half a year, I thought it would be a good idea to review my goals that I set myself in January. So, let’s see how I’m doing so far!
– Complete my digital marketing apprenticeship. I’m set to finish my Digital Marketing apprenticeship in October, but I’ve signed off from the academy this month as I’ve completed all the coursework and exams! I’m really enjoying the role that I have at work; my day to day roles include scheduling social media posts for 10 clients, writing blog posts, press releases and optimised onsite content, link building work and general admin work. It’s made me realise I have a passion for the social media and content side of digital marketing – so who knows where it will take me!
– Book a driving lesson. I actually booked one – hurrah! Albeit I booked it this month but still, I did it. YAS. My first lesson actually went okay and I even drove home which I was super proud of. Fingers crossed I’ll have passed by Christmas, I really want to get on and do it now.
– Prep meals. Hmmmm this one has definitely not happened, like at all. 🙅🏼 I make my lunch for work every day but I still don’t make breakfast. If you know of any quick breakfast meals I can make to take to work then please let me know!
– Start a savings account. I haven’t started a savings account yet as the majority of my money this year has gone on holidays – but I;m okay with that! I’m planning on starting a savings account soon though, seeing as it would be good to have some money aside for a car when I eventually pass.
– Blog 3 times a week. I’ve fulfilled this goal for a couple of months but I haven’t been consistent. You’d think writing three blog posts a week would be manageable, but seeing as I work at a computer all day the last thing I feel like doing is coming home and sitting on my laptop all evening. I suppose that’s where a good planning schedule would come in handy, so maybe I’ll try and aim for two a week – and plan them earlier on!
– Join in on more Twitter chats. I join in chats occasionally but not as much as I want to. I really enjoy the Ice Lolly holiday chat ones and the lifestyle ones, so I want to try and aim to do at least 2 chats a month.
– Say “yes” to going to more events. I’ve definitely fulfilled this goal – yay! This year, I’ve been to a variety of blogger events. From restaurant reviews with my boyfriend to attending Essex blogger events at Intu Lakeside, to an exclusive Red Letter Day experience and local foodie events – I’m proud of myself!
Health and wellbeing
– Have my eyebrows micro-bladed. I have a look at photos on Instagram of micro-bladed eyebrows on a daily basis… but I still haven’t plucked up the courage! I’ve read a few comments about the healing process and that they can’t be exposed to water or the sun… so perhaps this will be something I can fulfil in the Autumn.
– Eat healthier. My eating habits are a lot better than they were, but I’m not as healthy as I should be. I need to kick start this by eating breakfast in the morning – I’m sure that will curb my snacking during the day!
– Exercise more. I went through a good month of getting up at 5:30am, going to the gym and then heading to work after, and it made me feel amazing. I had SO much energy and I slept so much better at night. But then me being me I stopped going and now I have to start it all again. It’s something I’ll definitely do though – I actually miss it!
So over all, I think I’m on track for completing my goals for 2017. I’ve had some great city breaks to Budapest, Barcelona and Pisa, and an amazing staycation in Weymouth. I’ve been to some fun blogging events, stepped up my blogging game and made some amazing memories with my boyfriend James – I’m excited to see how the rest of 2017 will treat me! 😄🙏🏼