GRWM | A friends wedding

Enjoyed reading this? Let your friends know!

I’ve never done a ‘Get Ready With Me’ on hannatalks so I thought it would be a good idea to try it out. But, I got caught up in the rush of getting ready and leaving the house, (as we were already running late) so I didn’t get to take any of the kinds of photos I’d need for a post. Instead, below there’s a little mish-mash of photos from the wedding and the sassy ass blow-dry I had done at The Strand.

Since The Strand followed me on Twitter, I have been utterly obsessed with them. They offer an experience like no other and all the stylists, be it junior or senior level, tailor your appointment around what you want in a hair style and focus on what you want to achieve. Laura is literally a god send and has transformed my hair and I love it more each day.

I had a blow-dry and felt super pampered as soon as I stepped out of the salon. I opted for a curly do’ as I’m so useless at curling my hair, (don’t even ask what I do because I don’t know) I just end up with horns either side of my face. Nice.

Makeup wise, I used:

No7 Skin Illuminator Radiance Boosting Beauty Fluid in peach

No7 Stay Perfect Foundation in Calico

No7 Match Made Concealer in Calico

NARS Virtual Domination palette

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara

Clinique All About Shadow Quads in Pink Chocolate

Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlighter

MAC Blusher in Mocha

No7 Match Made Moisture Lipstick in Pink Hit

Benefit Gimmie Brow

Benefit High Brow

Benefit Hellow Flawless in Honey (I’m Cute As A Bunny)

I live in either my work clothes or just jeans. Black jeans to be precise. So with it being a wedding, I knew I had to go out of my comfort zone and wear something a little different. 3 orders from ASOS later, (yep the driver probably knows my address off by heart now) I finally chose this floral shift dress. I belted it though as I had to size up for my chest but swamped the rest of me. Frumpy isn’t the best look. I teamed it with my safe Primark wedges and a quirky little black clutch bag also from ASOS. SIDE NOTE: The above photo was taken at approx. midnight after some fairly energetic dancing and a few Malibu & coke’s. And my hair fell out. That’ll teach me to get ready next time with enough time spare to take selflies!

I hate how shockingly bad the photos look. Damn you iPhone quality!

Enjoyed reading this? Let your friends know!

Share:

21 Comments

1. August 12, 2015 / 11:44 am

I love your dress, you looked great! Hope you had a fab day 🙂

Blushhx

2. August 12, 2015 / 12:37 pm

Hannah, you're looking stunning as always even after dancing the night away! Super sweet makeup and lovely outfit, too. I hope ou had a great time <3

Cristina, xo // My Cup of Tea

3. August 12, 2015 / 2:24 pm

Amazing post,really love it 🙂
    Keep in touch
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

4. August 12, 2015 / 5:39 pm

the dress is beautiful! Really love the makeup as well! interested in trying out the Benefit's gimme brow product!

5. BeingEilidh
    August 12, 2015 / 6:29 pm

i love your dress very pretty
    also the flowers on the table are to die for id love that for my wedding one day

6. August 12, 2015 / 6:50 pm

You looked so lovely! I find ASOS curve dresses are the complete wrong proportions for me (I'm just fat – not tall and fat so they are all like 8 inches too long on me unfortunately. Their normal range is usually just perfect in the same size though – strange!) Your hair also looks amazing – I'd love for a hair dresser to actually curl my hair like that!

Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

7. August 12, 2015 / 7:57 pm

That dress is stunning, the perfect wedding guest dress! xo

8. August 14, 2015 / 12:15 pm

Aw I loved this post and you should definitely do more 🙂 I love how you styled your hair and your makeup looks gorgeous hun 🙂 The dress is gorgeous and I love the pattern, I really need to shop on Asos more.

Charlee CharmedCharlee | XO

9. August 16, 2015 / 4:28 pm

*wolf whistle* You look incredible, Hannah! I know I already said it on Instagram, but this outfit and your hair is so lush! I feel your hair curling pain – no matter how many times I practice, I can never perfect 'relaxed curls' and end up with an Annie-inspired afro instead!

x

10. nazira akhtar
    September 4, 2015 / 2:32 pm

I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and informative wedding Acquisition in this headline, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.