NARS virtual domination cheek palette

Enjoyed reading this? Let your friends know!

I am a complete and utter newbie when it comes to the world of NARS. Call yourself a beauty blogger I hear you say? Well this marks the beginning of my first “high end” product that I can call my own. I received the Virtual Domination Cheek Palette (which is now subsequently sold out as it is a limited edition palette… just keep your eyes peeled online!) for christmas and it was love at first site. The packaging first are foremost is just so eye catching. I love the cracked/webbed effect on the front of the case, and the case itself is super sturdy. I literally sat there for a good 5 minutes opening and closing the case, admiring it’s satisfying “click” noise. Don’t ask. Inside is a full sized mirror and the all important 3 blushes, a highlighter and a bronzer.

Miss Liberty, a permanent range of Highlighting Blush, is the gorgeous shimmery highlighter. I’m not actually put off by the glitter element, but other reviews I have read have completely slated it. Once applied, it gives a lovely sheen glow. Laguna Bronzer looks pretty scary in the pan but it is surprising how sheer it is. This makes the bronzer easy to build up to your preferred taste. Deep Throat is a sheer-coral colour with hints of gold and a pink shimmer. I love applying it to my cheeks to give a subtle flushed and glowy feel. Sex Fantasy & Final Cut are limited editions and exclusive to this palette.

I’m looking forward to playing around with this palette some more and creating some gorgeous day to evening looks. I’m glad Santa, *ahem Dad*, was able to buy this for christmas as it’s such a steal. The palette costs £45, but the products combined have a retail value of £117. And do you know what makes it even better? The products in this palette are 0.01oz lighter than the full sized products. How crazy is that?! Win win win.

What NARS products would you recommend I try next?

Enjoyed reading this? Let your friends know!

Share:

21 Comments

1. January 14, 2015 / 4:57 am

Congrats on the purchase. I feel like makeup purchases should always be celebrated, their exciting lol. I love NARS packaging, so simple and yet so classic. And I'm a NARS newbie too, so you're in good company 🙂

Z. | J. POTTER

2. January 14, 2015 / 11:09 am

I also got this for Christmas, isn't it amazing?! I definitely need to try more products from Nars now x

blushhx.blogspot.co.uk

3. January 14, 2015 / 12:18 pm

This is so beautiful! Absolutely love the packaging xx

Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

4. January 14, 2015 / 3:37 pm

These are some great shades but I would probably stick to Deep Throat all the time ;D
    xx

5. January 14, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Could this palette be any more perfect?! Definitely worth the price 🙂

Style Sunrise ☀ // GIVEAWAY!

🙂
    x

6. January 14, 2015 / 5:09 pm

Ooooh the "sex fantasy" blush totally gives that 60s vibe. Great photos!

Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

7. January 14, 2015 / 5:18 pm

I love nars products, especially their lipstick! I totally know how you feel buying it, since I just bought my first high end makeup purchase this weekend – the Naked Palette! I'm still figuring out how to use it 😛

Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

8. January 14, 2015 / 6:09 pm

I'm literally the same! I've never brought anything that's NARS but their packaging is so chic!

9. January 14, 2015 / 8:04 pm

Those are definitely some cheeky names! I don't wear blush and the prices of Nars products really put me off. That palette is such a good deal though and if I wore blush I would be searching near and far for it. The colours are seriously lovely!

Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

10. January 15, 2015 / 8:30 am

This palette looks amazing!! The packaging alone is beautiful let alone the product. I reaaally want this!

Beth // Bethany Georgina

11. January 15, 2015 / 12:20 pm

I heard a lot of talk about this palette, but some people complain that the quality is not as good as when you buy them individually. Nevertheless, it looks like a great buy, the colours are really pretty. My favourite is Final Cut.

12. January 15, 2015 / 12:56 pm

I'm kicking myself for not buying this palette! Nars is definitely my favourite makeup brand, you should try the Audacious lipsticks if you haven't already, I'm obsessed x

Magdalene Sylvie

13. January 19, 2015 / 9:41 pm

This palette is gorgeous! NARS stuff is just so pretty. 'Final Cut' looks great to me because I like more coral-y shades for blush, but these all look really nice.

xo, Michelle